Studio Studies are private, small-group lessons hosted in my personal studio.
DUE TO COVID-19: I am splitting my studio studies into 3 groups with 3 students each, while also abiding by Art on 30th's safety & health guidelines.
"HALF BAKED ART"
- DURATION: 4 weeks
- TUE PM group meets August 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th
- TUE PM group @ 6pm-8pm
- THU AM groups meet August 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
- THU AM group 1 @ 11am-1pm
- THU AM group 2 @ 2pm-4pm
- LOCATION: My Personal Studio on the 2nd Level
- TUITION: $99
- EXPERIENCE: Beginning-Intermediate
- MAX STUDENTS: 3 per group
Outside Art? Folk Art? Art Brut? Raw Art? Art that doesn't fit the molds of categorized fine art. Art that doesn't neatly fit a certain genre or a specific movement—or anywhere basically. “Art with an accent.” All essentially terms to describe someone who is making art outside of the Art World but fully infused with its maker's passion and heart.
This workshop will be focusing on making Raw Art—or as I like to call it: "Half Baked." (Yes, I love that ice cream flavor, too!)
We will explore what it means to make art that is raw, loose, playful, and undone...half baked. This might just be the most interesting and soulful work you will ever make. Learning when to stop and not overwork your creations. How to keep that organic and spontaneous appeal.
Creating art that is unpolished but not unfinished...
- Week 1: Creativity from the Outskirts
- Week 2: Art Interrupted
- Week 3: Lemonade Out of Lemons
- Week 4: Refining the Undefined
New for this session: each student will get to schedule a time to meet with me for an instructor critique at the end.
In this workshop, you'll receive personal attention with one-on-one instruction, walk away with tips and resources on materials, participate and glean from group critiques, and watch instructor demos.
Students will also get to showcase and place for sale one piece of their work in my studio at the next opening night at Art on 30th!
Bring any acrylic paints (heavy body or fluid consistency) and brushes you have on hand (including any bristle chip brushes and silicone tools) plus a 42" x 8' yard roll of Strathmore 400 series mixed media paper (300lb).
If you’re missing something from your supply stash, I’ll give notes on what to buy (and why you need it) as we go along.
- TUES PM group: August 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th
- TUES PM group @ 6pm-8pm
- THUR AM groups: August 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
- THUR AM group 1 @ 11am-1pm
- THUR AM group 2 @ 2pm-4pm
- $99 for 4 weeks + instructor critique
- Beginning-Intermediate Skill Level
- Max 3 students per group
My Personal Studio on the 2nd Level